We appreciate your inquiry, a member from our team will reach out to you shortly.
Please try again later.
DALLAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Vinli, a connected car platform, today announces Carport, a cloud-based system developed for line-fit vehicles with seamless integration for automakers. Carport is Vinli’s entrance in to the new car market, supporting the more than 60 million passenger cars produced globally every single year. Carport controls smart home features and decodes engine diagnostics, while providing a robust suite of applications and services developed by third-party developers and partners. Vinli will be debuting Carport at the International Motor Show (IAA), at the Continental booth from September 15 – 27 in Hall 5.1, Booth A08. Vinli partnered with Continental to enable Carport’s integration to new cars.
“There is a huge need for automakers to offer enhanced connectivity capabilities that sync with the connected consumer’s rapidly evolving environment,” said Vinli’s VP of Automotive, Mark Spain. “We are thrilled to be the first to present this holistic offering to automotive OEMs through our partnership with Continental.”
Carport intelligently prioritizes notifications that matter most to the driver with the goal of informing, not distracting. By limiting notifications, Carport creates a safer connected driving experience while presenting the most relevant information to the driver at a glance. Featuring an intuitive, location-based user interface, Carport is connecting drivers to all aspects of their digital life, including their car, home and loved ones.
Carport features five services:
1. Carport Home Connect: Connect smart home products, like Samsung SmartThings and Nest, to create personalized automated smart home settings for lighting, temperature and security. For example, as the last person pulls out of the driveway, Carport will show the driver that the thermostat is set to “away,” the lights are turned off and the front door is locked.
2. Carport Beagle: Drivers can quickly and easily keep tabs on the whereabouts of all the connected cars in their household.
3. Carport My Service Shop: Personalized timeline of maintenance milestones and predictive diagnostics for Carport enabled vehicles, including oil changes, tires, and battery replacement.
4. Carport Roadside Assistance: Drivers can summon assistance for tire service, fuel delivery, and towing at the press of a button while having the peace of mind knowing precise location and availability of the service provider.
5. Developer Apps: 3rd-party developers can easily extend their apps to support Carport and create new apps for the connected car with the direct display integration provided by Carport. Carport services and apps will be a growing ecosystem of 3rd party applications to best suit the driver.
Carport is a combination of software IP designed to run on industry standard (HTML5) based integrated large format displays and extended back-end platform capabilities. This allows developers of smartphone applications to plug into Carport’s framework and extend the monitoring and alerting capabilities to the car.
With Carport, developers can easily integrate existing apps and create new apps for the connected car. Interested developers should contact email@example.com to enroll an application. Developers can add Carport capabilities to applications by enabling the app in the developer portal https://dev.vin.li.
Read more about Carport by visiting vin.li/carport.
Vinli is the world’s most advanced connected car platform that provides driver-focused safety and maintenance apps on the fastest 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot worldwide. For developers, Vinli drastically lowers the barrier of entry to create cutting-edge automotive apps using a universal in-car device and open SDK and APIs. Vinli was founded in 2014 and is backed by Cox Automotive, Samsung Ventures, Westly Group, Continental and First Round Capital. For more information visit vin.li.